Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend Fun

We got this last weekend started off right by going to the drive-in with our friends, The McCulloughs. They have two little boys around Lil' Ed's age so it's always fun to get together. They've been going to this drive-in for a while and introduced us to it, and I must say I am now a fan of the drive-in. In Vegas I wasn't such a fan because well, based on the surroundings, there was always a good chance of getting mugged or shot. But this place was nice. It's almost like some farmer had 50 acres along the highway he didn't know what else to do with, so he built a drive-in movie cinema! We saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was cute. The boys all liked it and didn't act up too much, if at all.

Then Saturday was another great day. Since I was sick last weekend, and then the weekend before that we were out of town, the lawn was looking pretty ragged. So I got out there early and got all the weeds pulled, lawn cut, edges edged, watered, etc. Lil' Ed helped out too. It was funny though, because around 10:30am Stacey's friend picked her up to go to a "Scentsy" party so it was just us boys left working around the house. Well we're about halfway done with the backyard when I see Lil' Ed throw down his mower and storm over to the patio. I go ask him what's up and he says, "Daddy, I don't like mowing any more...I done." So I said it was okay and sent him in to watch Fireman Sam. But the whole time I'm comforting him and telling him he doesn't have to help any more, I'm thinking, "In a few years this conversation is going to go A LOT different." "Man, dude, dad. Cuttin' grass sucks! I wanna get outta here and go hang with my friends!" "As soon as you're done you can go. The longer you take the less time you'll have. And oh yeah, take out the trash too!" LOL.....sigh... Any who, then Saturday night we went to our favorite fat factory, The Chocolate Bar. This place is amazing. Fresh chocolate...everything! It was nice to spend some time with just the wife and boy.

Sunday was another winner. We didn't make it to church because Lil' Ed has had the sniffles and Stacey's neck was hurting her pretty bad too. So we laid low for the monring, then went to our favorite Chinese food buffet for lunch. OH YEAH, I FINALLY got my wireless router to work too!! What a great day it was indeed!!

Any who, we had a good weekend. Nothing counts more than family time and sharing some laughs. I think that's what I love the most about my little family. We have good laughs...not just a chuckle once in a while. We can laugh at each other. We can make each other laugh. We can laugh about each other. We laugh. It's fun!

1 comment:

eyeseenow said...

I like how funny all of you are! You all make me laugh too.