Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Date Night!!!

Last night Stace and I went on a MUCH needed date night. My mom is in town for the Christmas holiday and she so kindly volunteered to watch the boy. We've been down here in Houston for almost a year and have NEVER been on a date alone while living in this town. We've been fine with it for the most part, and I think that's what keeps us from actively seeking a babysitter... just no need. I mean we love going out as a family and have just not "needed" the "date night." I tell you what though, I can't speak for Stacey, but after last night, I'm ready to find that babysitter! In the day-to-day of life, you forget some of the reasons you married the person you're with. Obviously you love them and don't want to be without them, but you can sometimes miss that twinkle in her eye or soft touch... especially while you're helping a little guy color a picture or cool down his meal, lol.

At any rate, I had a really good night with my bride. It's not like we did anything majorly special (just dinner), but it was majorly special to me!

No comments: