Friday, October 2, 2009

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!!???

This morning around 2am we were awoken by a HUGE...HUGE booming sound and flashes of light. To give you an idea of how loud this sound was, I'm a pretty sound sleeper and don't wake up very easy. So I wake up with a jump and a start, Stacey wakes up too and I ask her, "What the heck was that...OMG?" We realize it is starting to thunder and storm outside. Right about the time I'm thinking that "man, this is going to be a big storm, I wonder if Lil' Ed woke up," I hear him in his room starting to cry. So I run in there and grab and tell him it's okay, and of course he can sleep in our room. Right about the time we get him all settled, it starts to DUMP! And not just a short little stint of heavy rain, I'm talkin' truckloads of water, thunder crashing, lightning flashing... all the good stuff you see on the Weather Channel. So, we all go back to sleep to the sound of STORM!

I woke up around 5am to get ready for work, and no more rain, streets are fairly dry, and I didn't even have any rain on the way to work. Strange weather. The good news is that the temperature was in the 60's and I drove to work with the windows down. Love it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... everything's bigger in Texas! It's true!

1 comment:

Marina said...

I was at a theme park before, and a storm came on quickly too. However, I got to see lightening RIGHT in front of me...literally 20 feet away. A bolt came down, hit the monorail in front of me, and bounced to the ground! It was the coolest thing ever!!!!